Hey everybody! My name is Scott, and I'm a big fan of the SGU and an aspiring transcriptionist. I look forward to helping get this project ramped up again! I'm also slowly upgrading my regular Wikipedia skills. Here's my userpage over there.
Here are some things I want to do while I'm here:
- update generic formatting for comments like (laughter) (laughs) and [inaudible] (no capitalizations here)
- select all, copy, paste, find, and replace all [X]: with [X]: to bold all the Rogues' initials in the transcripts, as I have done in my first transcript, SGU Episode 762.
- italicize all the It's time for "Science or Fiction" voiceovers
- create "new noisy" subsections in all the WTN sections
- get admins to add a "SoF with a theme" cat. table entry into the episode features subcategory
- Update the QoW collection table, SGU reading list, Favorite Rogues Quotes, University entries, etc.
- merge into or create "Signoff/Announcements" sections or just delete "Announcements" sections if it's just the voiceover Outro
- add wikitionary links to the What's the Word? segments for definitions if it's not good for a wiki link
- add references next to the external links
- add a vocab list like the one in Episode 581
- get admins to move the entries for whole episodes to the end of category topics' lists so that segment redirects can be visible first
Templates I have made/like to use
I made a template for showing a colorful breakdown of the Science or Fiction results, based on a suggestion from user BShirley:
Template:SOFResults is a formatted entry for SoF colored results at the end of each SoF segment
Templates to use for quotes and cultural references
Template:42 creates an in-line link to the Wikipedia subsection about The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy reference to the answer 42. Useful for when you don't feel like typing out/copy-and-pasting the long link.
In both references above you can see in the markup that I used the templates! Clicking the link to the template in this Wiki will show you just how long the markup text being called is!