Welcome to SGU Transcripts. We aim to provide transcripts of the Skeptics' Guide to the Universe podcast. We're just getting started, please help!
My method of transcription is to use VLC media player, and dial down the speed until I can type comfortably. A quick alt-tab, then shift-left a couple of times will skip back a few seconds if you missed something. After a spell check, the transcript gets pasted into the wiki. Then add some headings, bullets, hyperlinks and times. That's it!
If you'd like to transcribe a podcast, sign up and then add a page for it and put in a note to say that you're working on it. That way we can hopefully avoid duplicating work. If you'd like to just try your hand at transcribing, start with an SGU 5x5 as these are much shorter.
The Skeptics' Guide to the Universe Transcripts
- SGU_Episode_352, Apr 14 2012
- SGU_Episode_351, Apr 7 2012
- SGU_Episode_350, Mar 31 2012
- SGU_Episode_348, Mar 17 2012
- SGU_Episode_338, Jan 07, 2012 (incomplete)
- SGU_Episode_31, Feb 22 2006 (incomplete)
- SGU_Episode_1, May 4 2005
The Skeptics' Guide 5x5 Transcripts
- 5X5_Episode_110, Apr 11 2012,Naturalistic Fallacy
- 5X5_Episode_109, Apr 4 2012, Celebrity Pseudoscience
- 5X5_Episode_108, Mar 28 2012, Cancer Cure
- 5X5_Episode_107, Mar 21 2012, Chilean UFO
- 5X5_Episode_106, Mar 19 2012, Availability Heuristic
- 5X5_Episode_105, Mar 7 2012, Representativeness Heuristic
- 5X5_Episode_54, Jan 21 2009, Skepticism 101 - False Dichotomy
- 5X5_Episode_53, Jan 13 2009, Anecdotal Evidence
- 5X5_Episode_52, Jan 6 2009, Atlantis
- 5X5_Episode_45, Nov 11 2008, Chi and other forms of vitalism