This page lists the templates available for use on SGUTranscripts.org. For further descriptions and information on usage, see the template pages themselves.
These templates are used as a central place to add/update the lists of transcription pages on the site.
- SGU episode list – list of episode transcription pages, used on Main Page and SGU Episodes page
- 5X5 episode list – list of 5X5 episode transcription pages, used on Main Page and 5X5 Episodes page
Intros & Outros
The SGU has had a number of different outros over the years. Inserting the following templates transcludes the voiceover at the end of an episode.
- episodes 289 & 290 use the same text as 291-300, but are voiced by Steve
- Outro119 – episodes 119-288
- Outro61 – episodes 61-118
- Outro39 – episodes 39-60
- Outro30 – episodes 30-38
- Outro18 – episodes 18-29
- W – creates in-line link to Wikipedia
The following templates can be used to insert the full name of frequently used organizations, with or without the external link
- SGU – inserts " Skeptics' Guide to the Universe"
- CSICOP – inserts " Committee for the Scientific Investigation of Claims of the Paranormal"
- NESS – inserts " New England Skeptical Society"
- Category info – uniform blurb on the indexing of articles listed on a category page
Message boxes are temporarily added to highlight the page's status, e.g. in progress, needs editing/proof-reading etc.
- LatestEpisode – denotes page as most recent episode
- Editing required – identifies page elements that need work (e.g. proof-reading, links etc.). Also adds page to the relevant Category:Needs attention subsection(s)
- 5X5 editing required – as Editing required, for 5X5 episodes
- Google speech – indicates that the first pass of the transcript was performed automatically by Google Web Speech API demo
The following message boxes are used as place holders to avoid duplication:
- Transcribing – indicates transcription of segment is in progress
- Transcribing all – indicates transcription of entire episode is in progress
- Proof reading – indicates proof reading of segment is in progress
- Proof readingall – indicates proof reading of entire episode is in progress
- InfoBox – infobox for full SGU episodes, used to highlight key information. For information on usage, see Help:Episode infobox
- 5X5 infobox – as InfoBox, for 5X5 episodes. For information on usage, see Help:Episode infobox
- Image info – used to add information to image pages
Templates are an easy way to add formatted entries into table cells or rows.
- InfoBox Headers – formatted header row entry for InfoBox and 5X5 infobox
- Cat. table entry – formatted entry for table cells on the Browse Categories page
- 5X5 list entry – formatted row entry for table on 5X5 Episodes page
- FRQ entry – formatted row entry for table on Favorite Rogue Quotes page
- Book list entry – formatted row entry for table on Skeptical Reading List page
- QotW entry – formatted row entry for table on the Skeptical Quote Collection page
Icons & images
- A – small microphone included on the Main Page and SGU Episodes page. Indicates that the first pass of the transcript was performed automatically by Google Web Speech API demo
- I – small pencil included on the Main Page, SGU Episodes and 5X5 Episodes pages. Indicates that a page is still in progress
- Open – small formatted arrow included on the Main Page, SGU Episodes and 5X5 Episodes pages. Indicates that an episode has segments that need transcription
- Tick – small formatted tick included in infoboxes, the Main Page, SGU Episodes and 5X5 Episodes pages to indicate that a page has been proof-read
- Navigation – 3 images linking to the previous page, top of the current page, and the next episode, respectively. This is added at the very bottom of every transcription page
- 5X5 Navigation – as Navigation, but for 5X5 episodes
When these templates are added to a page, they add that page to the relevant category.
- Link needed – transcludes superscript message and adds page to Category:Needs internal links
- Page categories – adds page to categories defined by parameters. Applies unique sortkey
- 5X5 categories – as Page categories, for 5X5 episodes.
- Numerical titles – Assigns transcript pages to categories with numerically ordered sortkeys; full episodes are listed before 5X5 episodes