This page lists all categories and sub-categories on SGUTranscripts.org.
Content categories are used to identify the content of episode transcripts. It should be noted that none of these categories are mutually exclusive.
The following topic categories are based on those used in the Rogues Gallery at the NESS. This means that if we're unsure how to categorize items, we can see how they've done it, as they've probably blogged about the item in question.
- Alternative Medicine
- Astronomy & Space Science
- Cons, Scams & Hoaxes
- Conspiracy Theories
- SGU – discussions about the show, including year in review
- General Science
- Legal Issues & Regulations
- Logic & Philosophy
- Myths & Misconceptions
- Nature & Evolution
- Neuroscience & Psychology
- New Age
- Physics & Mechanics
- Pseudoscience – without attempting to solve the demarcation problem, this category may be used as a catch-all for topics that are falsely presented as science.
- Religion & Faith
- Science & Education
- Science & Medicine – including general health
- Science & the Media
- Other – a catch-all for topics that don't easily fall under other categories. This may reveal new categories as more links are added.
Episode features apply to episode, but not topic, content, including regular segments of the show
- Guest Rogues
- Live Recording
- Randi Speaks
- Skeptical Puzzle
- Amendments – used for segments that address incorrect or misleading statements in previous episodes
Category:Episode pages identifies groups of pages by characteristics such as type of episode (full or 5X5), and progress status. This is useful for admin purposes, and all following categories are Hidden categories.
- Full Episodes – applied via infobox presence
- 5X5 Episodes – applied via 5X5 infobox presence
- Categorized – applied via Template:Page categories and Template:5X5 categories
- Verified – applied via the infobox parameter 'verified'
The category Needs attention includes 10 sub-categories that highlight missing page features. All of these, with the exception of Needs internal links, are applied via Template:Editing required, Template:Editing required (w/links), or Template:5X5 editing required.